Tuesday 25 September 2012

What does a sheep say?/ Что говорит овечка?

Yee, what does it say? In English it goes Bah Bah . I remember around three years ago my husband and I had one hour long conversation about this!  And finally came to conclusion that we don't know that much about sounds farm animal make. And pets ... more confusing because in English your dog would go Ruff ruff or Woof woof and in Russian  Guff guff.

And all the difference is in our head , the language person speaks influences what he/she hears.That's it! Believe me dogs in different countries make same sounds and speak one doggy language.

But wait, no our dog always responses when I yell at him "Иди на место/Edeeh nah meystoh"  (means go to your place ) but  when my husband says it in Russian Scrappy doesn't listen just keeps standing where ever he is and staring into his eyes like" what are you saying dummy  I can't understand you! You have very thick accent!"  So after repeating couple times husband usually says in English "Go down"(Вниз) (Scrappy loves hanging out on our bed )  And it magically works!!!! Scrappy is bilingual or something...))
Oh, enough about this let's go back to sheep.



























































Sheep is made from off white fleece and muslin. Hearts are from felt and cotton.Off course I had to use some blue colors. Love'em!


























BAH BAH ....
Thank you for looking )

2 comments:

  1. I really liked how you transcribed "Иди на место" (Edeeh nah meystoh) XDD
    Sheep is nice, but on some photos it reminds me a sad monkey or a little bear )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha !Victoria, When my mom saw pix of the sheep she said "Oh, is it new picture of you? oh, no wait it's a bear" She definetly wasn't wearing glasses at that time)))
      So, I agree it does look like a bear))

      Delete