Saturday 1 September 2012

1st of September

Today is 1st of September! and what am I so exited about?

1st of all it's the first day of fall. It's been so hot here, sometimes above 100F!(37.7 degrees Celsius) I bet a lot of people in south Florida need a little cool down, a break from muggy and sticky) Don't think that I don't love summer! I DO! Just right now with my belly looking like a huge tiny watermelon I NEED some arctic air! Ha ha I get it every night with AC turned down to 67F (19 Celsius) and my husband and dog cuddling under blankets trying to warm each other. And fall means cooler weather, open windows in the morning, birds singing outside and smell, smell of fall. Do you remember what it smells like?

2nd in Ukraine it means first day of scool year.
All kids go back to studying after summer break. All you can see on the streets is kids wearing black and white (kind of uniform there) and holding huge bouquets of flowers for teachers, crying parents watching their babies go to first grade. Very emotional day. And september 1st 2012 is the first for me without seeing all of it (in US kids start scool in different time) and second without doing it (I finished University two long years ago). wow ! damn time flies!

3rd it's my mothers-in-law birthday. She got a box, opened it and guess what was in there?  Yes, tilda doll (vintage angel pattern) that I'm showing to you today




Thank you for looking!
And Happy 1st of September! С Первым Сентября!)))

No comments:

Post a Comment