Wednesday 29 January 2014

Not so comfort food #1

I saw this picture on the Pinterest in the beginning of the year.


 It's a great thought. So this year I'll try to step out of my comfort food zone. Stop making the same things over and over again. Of course I'' ll leave my favorite dishes but every weekend or (Monday cuz Chris is usually off then) I m going to cook something new. There is 52 Saturdays in 2014(there is also 52 Mondays) so by the end of the year I should have approximately 50 -52 (or 100-104 if count Saturday and Sunday! Hu... should I challenge myself??!?) posts with tag #food2014.




Let's get started !

First one is Apple Pie.I was thinking about making it for months, after Chris made couple pies in September(or other fall month) and then my mom asked me to give here the recipe( I didn't. Chris wasn't really using any recipe and I cant give my mom just any recipe that I haven't tried) I knew I need to make it.  I was my first time ever making apple pie. (I played with dough a little and added Rum instead of water... it gave the crust such a yummy sweet and spicy taste and smell. )There is a lot of things to improve  but i"m still happy with it for the first time.








No comments:

Post a Comment